MAROYATHOME is committed to protecting your privacy as a customer, website visitor, or other third party – such as, for example, a contact person in a business or organisation with which MAROYATHOME cooperates.
- When does MAROYATHOME collect your personal information?
MAROYATHOME may collect personal information from you when you make a purchase on the site; communicate by post, email or phone; create a subscription service account on the site; or request information from MAROYATHOME. MAROYATHOME may also automatically collect technical and user information about your devices and browsing patterns when you are interacting with the MAROYATHOME website. This data is collected using cookies, the server's logs, and other similar technology.
In addition to the personal data you provide, MAROYATHOME may collect information about you from a third party, such as a credit information agency, supervisory authority, or other publicly available database.
If you do not provide certain information when requested, MAROYATHOME may not be able to fullfill its obligations to you, or respond to your inquiries. In this event, MAROYATHOME
may thus be prevented from providing you with the best possible service, as well as from fulfilling its legal obligations (such as reporting requirements).
- What kind of information does MAROYATHOME collect?
MAROYATHOME may collect, store and use the following types of personal information about you:
- General information, as well as contact information – for example, your name, gender, telephone number, email address, physical address, and / or other contact details.
- Financial information – for example, your bank details, credit information and payment history.
- Marketing and communication related information – for example, your preferences regarding receiving marketing communications from MAROYATHOME and / or third parties; account information, if you have signed up for MAROYATHOME's subscription service; correspondence details, if you have been in contact with MAROYATHOME's customer service; and / or other similar information.
- Technical data – for example, your IP address; login details; browser type and version; time zone and location settings; browser plugins; operating system, platform, and other technologies your devices may use to access the MAROYATHOME website.
- Usage data – for example, information about how you use MAROYATHOME's website, as well as your purchase history.
- How does MAROYATHOME use your personal information?
MAROYATHOME may use your personal information to:
- Manage and fulfill its contractual and legal obligations to you, or to the company you represent – for example, when handling warranty claims.
- Meet its reporting requirements – for example, when following accounting rules and regulations, and submitting declarations to tax and other regulatory authorities.
- Answer your questions and inquiries.
- Validate the legal age requirement for online purchases.
- Determine, exercise, or defend its legal rights.
- Processing of your personal data outside of legal or contractual obligations will be based on MAROYATHOME's legitimate interest in:
- Providing you with marketing related communications – in the form of newsletters and other publications via email or similar technology, and regarding Maroy at Home's business, as well as general information that may be of interest to you.
- Analysing statistical data to study how visitors use MAROYATHOME's website, in order to improve its features and services.
- Managing MAROYATHOME's daily business needs.
MAROYATHOME engages Mollie BV as its payment partner, therefore providing several payment solutions to you as a customer. Regardless of the payment method chosen on the MAROYATHOME website, your personal data will be handled and protected by Mollie BV. For questions regarding how your personal data is managed when making a payment, we refer you to Mollie BV +31 20 820 20 70.
Your personal data will only be used for the purpose of which it was collected, unless MAROYATHOME reasonably believes that it may be used for any other reason that is consistent with the original purpose. If MAROYATHOME sees the need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, you will be notified before further processing of your data is conducted.
- To whom does Maroy at Home provide your personal information?
- To MAROYATHOME's service providers – for example, logistics, payments, marketing, and technical support, all of which may only process your personal data on behalf of Maroy at Home.
- To the extent that MAROYATHOME is obliged to do so in accordance with applicable law.
- In connection with any ongoing or future legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend MAROYATHOME's legal rights.
- Where does MAROYATHOME collect and store your personal information?
Your personal information and email address will be collected and stored in our e-commerce, mailing, and business systems. Mollie BV will also collect and store this information in its internal systems.
- How does Maroy at Home protect your personal information?
MAROYATHOME will take appropriate security measures to prevent accidental or illegal loss, destruction, alteration, unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, your personal data. However, MAROYATHOME cannot guarantee full security for data sent over the Internet, since data transmission is in its nature uncertain.
- For how long does Maroy at Home save your personal data?
MAROYATHOME only saves your personal data as long as it is required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, or if it is required to comply with any form of mandatory storage periods, in accordance with applicable law.
- What rights do you have?
9.1 Access to your personal data
Keep in mind that you may, at any time, request access to, and / or retrieve, information that Maroy at Home has stored about you. You have the right to know what it has stored; to what purpose; and for how long it intends to save this information.
9.2 Corrections, deletions, and objections
You have the right to request that MAROYATHOME correct any incorrect information about you; delete information that is no longer relevant to the purpose for which it was collected; and / or oppose MAROYATHOME's processing of your personal data. However, certain legal obligations may prevent Maroy at Home from immediately deleting specific types of information.
If MAROYATHOME has processed your personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw said consent at any time.
9.3 Opting out of direct marketing
You always have the right to opt out of direct marketing, and to object to all processing of your personal data, based on a balancing of interests between the company and yourself.
If you, as a customer, have consented to the use of your personal data for this purpose, i.e., a subscription service, MAROYATHOME will communicate with you by email in the form of newsletters. You have the right to unsubscribe from MAROYATHOME's subscription service at any time, by withdrawing yourself from our mailing list and / or by contacting our customer service.
9.3.2 Social media
If you follow and / or interact with MAROYATHOME via third party social media such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, or Pinterest, your data will also be subject to the third party’s personal data management and privacy policies.
You may, at any time, file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority if you consider MAROYATHOME to be in violation of applicable data protection laws with regard to your personal data.
- Third Parties
- Policy Updates
Red Rum Companies BV hodn MAROYATHOME
Noorddammerweg 13-J , 1424NV de Kwakel, Netherlands
Phone: +31 20 337 3117
VAT ID: NL 556936902701
Chamber of Commerce: 58012230
CEO: V.R. van Wietmarschen
Follow us @maroy_at_home